Alex Kremer was named the new World Bank Country Manager for Moldova last week.
"The World Bank enjoys a fruitful and comprehensive partnership with the Republic of Moldova," World Bank Country Director for Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine Qimiao Fan said. "Mr. Kremer brings a wide range of development experience and expertise to this position and we look forward to strengthening and deepening this partnership with the country during Mr. Kremer's tenure as World Bank Country Manager for Moldova."
Kremer will begin serving in his new position in Chisinau on Aug. 1. He previously served as the World Bank's country manager in the Kyrgyz Republic from 2010 to 2014 and as the senior sector economist in the Middle East and North Africa region of the bank.
Kremer published several works of research on agriculture, the impact of the 2006 war in Lebanon, energy efficiency and lagging regions, serving as the lead author for "Poor places, Thriving People: How the Middle East and North Africa Can Overcome Spatial Disparities" in 2010.
Prior to joining the World Bank, Kremer worked for the U.K. Department for International Development in India as a national program manager.
More than $1 billion has been allocated to 49 projects in Moldova since it joined the World Bank in 1992. The World Bank's portfolio currently includes eight active projects with a total commitment of $189.9 million.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar