Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said over the weekend that that the Southern Gas Corridor is historic, with Azerbaijan being the first country in the world to connect the Caspian Sea, Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea.
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the 23rd Annual Session of the OSCE PA in Baku, Aliyev said the transportation of gas will be carried out through three pipelines, which actually, when completely constructed, will make one big pipeline from Baku to Europe, Trend News Agency reports.
"They are--the Trans Anatolian Pipeline, South Caucasus Pipeline and Trans Adriatic Pipeline," Aliyev said, according to Trend News Agency. "This is Europe's biggest infrastructure project implemented now, and Azerbaijan took the leadership in delivering this project, a historic one, which will change the energy map of the region and of Europe, and which will be of benefit to energy transit countries and consumers."
Aliyev said national security and energy security are linked, and Azerbaijan has taken the lead in establishing regional cooperation.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar