The U.S.-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce held a networking dinner with U.S. Rep. Ted Poe (R-Texas) last week as part of its Congressional Talks series.
The briefing, titled "United States-Azerbaijan Strategic Partnership", was opened by USACC Executive Director Susan Sadigova, who presented the keynote speaker and spoke about the importance of strengthening ties between the two countries.
Poe thanked the USACC and said it was in the interest of both sides to work together to develop the infrastructure for the production of natural gas and to sell more energy on the European market. He also spoke about potential bilateral cooperation in the IT and aviation sectors.
Additionally, Poe spoke about the development of the Shah Deniz oil field, the signing of the Final Investment Decision with European partners in December, and the significance of the proposed Trans-Caspian pipeline.
Poe said the Southern Gas Corridor would create 30,000 jobs, 20,000 of which would be local contracts from Azerbaijan.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank