The Azerbaijani city of Baku hosted the second meeting of the Economic Cooperation Organization's (ECO)--a group aimed an increasing cooperation between West and Central Asia--coordination committee on Tuesday, drawing participants from seven countries to discuss industrial property rights.
Participants included members of the ECO Secretariat and delegates from Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Pakistan, AzerTac reports.
Miryagub Seyidov, the director of the Examination of Industrial Property Center (AzPatent) under the Azerbaijan State Committee on Standardization, Metrology and Patents, said at the opening ceremony that the ECO has become an important regional organization in Eurasia.
He also praised Azerbaijan's cooperation with ECO member countries in a number of areas, including the economy, science, transportation, energy, trade and investment, according to AzerTac.
Member of the ECO Secretariat Akbar Khudayi said the meeting will play a critical role in fostering future relations among the member states.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar