Russia recently expressed an interest in importing a variety of high-quality civil engineering services from Belarus.
Andrei Bakurov, the director general of Russian company Gopard, made the announcement on Belarusian TV channel ONT on Monday, BelTA reports.
"We are interested in the entire spectrum of service: designing, plastering, cement, architectural hardware, windows, doors and so on," Bakurov said, according to BelTA.
Meanwhile, Belarusian Architecture and Construction Minister Anatoly Cherniy said Belarusian companies are facing challenges in operating abroad.
"Their experience is insufficient a bit," Cherniy said, BelTA reports. "Major companies with serious management and marketing operate on the international market. It is hard to compete with those."
Still, he said, Belarusian exports of construction services has increased 134 percent from January to April of this year compared to the same period last year.
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association