A business delegation from Turkmenistan took part in the Silk Road International Exposition, part of the 18th International Investment and Trade Forum for Cooperation between East and West China, held in Xian last week.
The delegation consisted of members of the Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs specializing in the manufacture of garments and carpets, among other domestic goods, according to the State News Agency of Turkmenistan (TDH).
The Turkmen delegation also took part in the Trade and Tourism Forum of the Silk Road countries. Turkmenistan is one of four countries in Central Asia, along with Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kazakhstan that has cities located along the historical Silk Road.
The route, both on land and by sea, extends from Europe through Egypt, Somalia, the Arabian Peninsula, Iran, Afghanistan, Central Asia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Burma, Java-Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam until it reaches China.
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association