Azerbaijan's Energy Minister Natig Aliyev met with a delegation from the Council of Europe to discuss areas of cooperation on Wednesday.
The delegation was led by Secretary General of the Council of Europe Thorbjørn Jagland. It also included Mirel Pauls, the secretary of the council's committee of ministers; Bjorn Berge, the director of the private office of the secretary general; and Verena Taylor, the director of the directorate general of programs at the council, among others, News.AZ reports.
The delegates expressed satisfaction with the success of previous cooperative attempts. The partnership has resulted in the development of the non-oil sector and has created improvements in the business and investments environment.
Azerbaijan has been participating in international projects and taking a leadership role in the region's activities, according to Aliyev, who added that the country plays an important role in European energy security, according to News.AZ.
Jagland said he foresees continued development of Azerbaijan's role in the European energy system as an energy producer and transit country.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal