Representatives of Belarusbank visited Switzerland recently and met with the top management of Swiss Export Risk Insurance (SERV).
Although both parties said they are satisfied with the present level of cooperation, Siarhei Pisaryk, the head of Belarusbank, said that collaboration between SERV and the bank should be raised to a new level.
"One of the most important spheres for Belarusbank is international trade and large national investment projects that are carried out in association with foreign partners," Pisaryk said. "We are looking forward to expanding and strengthening that sphere."
SERV put forth a number of new initiatives. SERV Director Herbert Wight said SERV and other Swiss financial institutions seek to collaborate with Belarusbank, which they consider a reliable partner in Belarus.
The government of Belarus is reportedly considering a sale of shares in the state-owned banking giant, which would be its first international IPO.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal