The Eurasian Development Bank (EDB) signed a memorandum of cooperation with Belarusian Railways last week that focuses on the upgrade of Belarus' railway infrastructure and rolling stock, and facilitates mutual trade in railway services between the EDB member states.
The memorandum gives EDB the ability to receive an open exchange of information on the company's railway activities. It also calls for mutual consultations on the development of Belarusian Railways' financial investment activities, BelTA reports.
"The cooperation between the EDB and Belarusian Railways has great prospects and will help fulfill the transport potential of Belarus and expand the foreign trade," the EDB press center said, according to BelTA.
Belarusian Railways provides Belarus with nearly 70 percent of all its cargo traffic and 40 percent of its passenger traffic.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar