The EU-Ukraine Business Council (EUUBC) recently organized a seminar with the Europe Ukraine Energy Association, the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), the Bleyzer Foundation and the Center for the World Economy and International Relations of the National Academy of Sciences.
The event, which will take place in Kiev on May 20, invites energy experts, business leaders, the media and civil society leaders to discuss the integration of renewable energy into a sustainable energy strategy for the Ukraine.
The efforts are a response to the UN's declaration that the impacts of global warming are likely to be severe, pervasive and irreversible. This is expected to have a dramatic impact on Ukraine, as it relies heavily on agricultural production in order to generate wealth.
The seminar will include a debate and a Q&A, followed by a reception. It will address such concerns as the best balance of energy resources, the role of alternative resources and the tariffs required to support such efforts. The participants will also explore the idea of public private partnerships and innovative strategies for encouraging regional development. The discussions will also cover the topic of CO2 reduction and other ways of addressing climate change.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar