The National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) announced last week that bank Governor Stepan Kubiv met with Georges Massoud, the managing principal at the global management consulting firm McKinsey & Co., in Ukraine to discuss cooperation as part of an initiative to devise the Ukrainian Banking System Reform Strategy.
During the meeting, Kubiv unveiled the NBU's priorities for banking sector reforms, including devising programs designed to resume lending, enhancing the efficiency of corporate governance and the risk management framework of banks, improving transparency of banks' ownership structure, consolidation of the banking sector, and developing the central bank's involvement in regulation and supervision.
Massoud offered McKinsey's advisory services and assistance to help the NBU's Department for Banking System Strategy and Reform implement its projects.
Massoud said McKinsey consultants could participate, together with Ukrainian banks, in strategic sessions to be held over the next couple of months and provide consultancy services for implementation of the Banking System Reform Strategy, which will be tabled for discussion by the banking community ahead of its approval by the NBU board.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar