The 47th annual board meeting for the Asian Development Bank was held earlier this week in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev and ADB president Takehiko Nakao presided over the opening ceremony under the slogan "The Silk Road: Connecting Asia with a Changing World."
Participants spoke about the ADB's activities and the importance of resolving social issues to achieve sustainable economic development. Discussions were held on forecasts for economic development in Asia-Pacific, new economic challenges and regional cooperation.
The heads of the delegations of 67 member states also exchanged their opinions on the ADB's future activities. The meeting brought together delegations of non-regional shareholder countries as well, including the U.S., Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Turkey.
Yerbolat Dosayev, the Kazakh minister of economy and budget planning, and the ADB's board chairman, announced the next meeting will take place in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association