Uzbek foreign trade company Uztadbirkoreksport recently opened a trading house in the Latvian capital of Riga.
The company was founded based on a presidential decree signed in 2011 under the Markazsanoateksport State Stock Foreign Trade Company of the Ministry for Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Uztadbirkoreksport will be responsible for assisting in the certification of goods produced by small businesses, advertising and promotions, consulting on participation in international fairs and expositions, and boosting the production of competitive goods.
According to company officials, the range of exported products has risen steadily, with construction materials, plastic goods, polyethylene pipes, and fruits and vegetables currently exported to the U.S., Germany, South Korea, Russia, China, India, and Belarus.
The trading house in Riga has been directed to assist Uzbek farmers and entrepreneurs in exporting their goods to Baltic and European countries. By the end of year, $1 million in exports are expected to pass through the trading center.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar