Uzbek foreign trade company Uztadbirkoreksport recently opened a trading house in the Latvian capital of Riga.
The company was founded based on a presidential decree signed in 2011 under the Markazsanoateksport State Stock Foreign Trade Company of the Ministry for Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Uztadbirkoreksport will be responsible for assisting in the certification of goods produced by small businesses, advertising and promotions, consulting on participation in international fairs and expositions, and boosting the production of competitive goods.
According to company officials, the range of exported products has risen steadily, with construction materials, plastic goods, polyethylene pipes, and fruits and vegetables currently exported to the U.S., Germany, South Korea, Russia, China, India, and Belarus.
The trading house in Riga has been directed to assist Uzbek farmers and entrepreneurs in exporting their goods to Baltic and European countries. By the end of year, $1 million in exports are expected to pass through the trading center.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank