Uzbek foreign trade company Uztadbirkoreksport recently opened a trading house in the Latvian capital of Riga.
The company was founded based on a presidential decree signed in 2011 under the Markazsanoateksport State Stock Foreign Trade Company of the Ministry for Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Uztadbirkoreksport will be responsible for assisting in the certification of goods produced by small businesses, advertising and promotions, consulting on participation in international fairs and expositions, and boosting the production of competitive goods.
According to company officials, the range of exported products has risen steadily, with construction materials, plastic goods, polyethylene pipes, and fruits and vegetables currently exported to the U.S., Germany, South Korea, Russia, China, India, and Belarus.
The trading house in Riga has been directed to assist Uzbek farmers and entrepreneurs in exporting their goods to Baltic and European countries. By the end of year, $1 million in exports are expected to pass through the trading center.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal