The National Bank of Ukraine announced on Friday that it appointed Alla Shulga to the position of director of the general department of banking supervision.
Shulga's responsibilities at the NBU will include exercising effective banking supervision of group one, two, three and four banks operating in Kyiv and Kyiv Oblast; applying enforcement measures to banks according to Ukrainian laws; and monitoring the repayment of stabilization loans from the National Bank of Ukraine. She is now a member of the NBU board ex officio.
Shulga previously held managerial positions at All-Ukrainian Joint-Stock Bank, Joint Stock Commercial Industrial & Investment Bank, Joint-Stock Commercial Bank for Social Development Ukrsotsbank, Commercial Bank Nadra OJSC and KREDITPROMBANK PJSC. She has degrees from the Kiev Institute of National Economy and the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev.
NBU is the central bank of Ukraine. According to the Constitution of Ukraine, the main function of the bank is to ensure stability of Ukraine's monetary unit, the Ukrainian hryvnia.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar