The National Bank of Ukraine announced on Friday that it appointed Alla Shulga to the position of director of the general department of banking supervision.
Shulga's responsibilities at the NBU will include exercising effective banking supervision of group one, two, three and four banks operating in Kyiv and Kyiv Oblast; applying enforcement measures to banks according to Ukrainian laws; and monitoring the repayment of stabilization loans from the National Bank of Ukraine. She is now a member of the NBU board ex officio.
Shulga previously held managerial positions at All-Ukrainian Joint-Stock Bank, Joint Stock Commercial Industrial & Investment Bank, Joint-Stock Commercial Bank for Social Development Ukrsotsbank, Commercial Bank Nadra OJSC and KREDITPROMBANK PJSC. She has degrees from the Kiev Institute of National Economy and the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev.
NBU is the central bank of Ukraine. According to the Constitution of Ukraine, the main function of the bank is to ensure stability of Ukraine's monetary unit, the Ukrainian hryvnia.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank