Uzbekistan recently launched an industrial fair to promote aviation, electronics and machine building at the Uzexpocenter in Tashkent.
The event, which was called the Complex for the Promotion of Machine Building, Electro-technical and Aviation Industry, Standardization of Goods, was held in accordance with a recently signed government resolution. Uzbekistan's Cabinet of Ministers signed the agreement, "On Measures to Arrange and Hold the International Industrial Fair and Cooperation Exchange in 2014," on February 24.
Uzbekistan's government seeks to increase the localization of finished goods production to develop the country's economy and reduce its dependence on imports. By introducting novel and more efficient technologies into the production process, Uzbekistan could create more competitive products and new jobs.
More than 130 enterprises, including the Tashkent Tractor Plant, the Tashkent Mechanical Engineering Factory, the Chirchikkishlokmash open stock company and the Modular Plant exhibited goods at the event.
Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan U. Rozukulov delivered the keynote speech at the opening ceremony.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal