Uzbekistan recently launched an industrial fair to promote aviation, electronics and machine building at the Uzexpocenter in Tashkent.
The event, which was called the Complex for the Promotion of Machine Building, Electro-technical and Aviation Industry, Standardization of Goods, was held in accordance with a recently signed government resolution. Uzbekistan's Cabinet of Ministers signed the agreement, "On Measures to Arrange and Hold the International Industrial Fair and Cooperation Exchange in 2014," on February 24.
Uzbekistan's government seeks to increase the localization of finished goods production to develop the country's economy and reduce its dependence on imports. By introducting novel and more efficient technologies into the production process, Uzbekistan could create more competitive products and new jobs.
More than 130 enterprises, including the Tashkent Tractor Plant, the Tashkent Mechanical Engineering Factory, the Chirchikkishlokmash open stock company and the Modular Plant exhibited goods at the event.
Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Uzbekistan U. Rozukulov delivered the keynote speech at the opening ceremony.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank