The U.S.-Ukraine Business Council recently announced that the 5th annual Adam Smith Ukrainian Energy Forum has been rescheduled for June 23-26.
The forum, which is sponsored by the Ukrainian Ministries of Energy & Coal and Ecology & Natural Resources, will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Kiev. It was previously postponed due to the political unrest in Ukraine.
The forum will take place one month after Ukraine's presidential elections and will serve as a timely platform for hearing about the new government's key priorities.
The program content is currently being updated to reflect all recent developments. Topics will include the impact of the Crimean situation on oil and gas investment projects in Crimea and the Black Sea, the latest news on reverse supplies from the European Union and Slovakia, and the future of Ukrainian-Russian energy relations.
Other topics for discussion include forecasts for the volumes and pricing of Russian gas imports in the near future, the timetable for modernization of the Gas Transportation System, reform of Naftogaz and how soon it will be restructured and split into separate entities, the debate over the future of the Green Tariff, and how the increase in energy tariffs for the population will be managed.
Speakers for the Ukrainian Energy forum include Geoffrey Pyatt, the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, Simon Pirani, a senior research fellow at Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, Timur Khromaev, the CEO of Great East Energy, Oleksandr Kharchenko, the CEO of Energy Industry Research Center, and Andriy Mizovets, the president of the Association of Gas Traders of Ukraine.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal