The Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BelCCI) recently announced that Belarus and Georgia intend to expand cooperation in agriculture.
Mikhail Myatlikov, the chairman of BelCCI, met with a Georgian delegation in Minsk on Wednesday. He said Georgian relations with Belarus are developing quickly, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
The two sides discussed the expansion of exports from Belarus to Georgia, as well as plans to cooperate in manufacturing.
"Belarusian products, including agricultural ones, are famed in Georgia for their quality and affordable prices," Kakha Baindurashvili, the president of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Georgia, said, according to the Belarusian Telegraph Agency. "Plans have been made to advance cooperation in civil engineering, finance, and agriculture."
BelCCI organized the meeting with the assistance of the Embassy of Georgia in Belarus and the Belarusian Foreign Ministry. Other representatives of the Belarusian side included Leonid Marinich, the Belarusian deputy agriculture and food minister, and representatives from 90 enterprises.
The Georgian side was also represented by David Natroshvili, the Georgian deputy agriculture minister, David Dzhalaganiya, the Georgian deputy foreign minister, and representatives from several businesses, the Belarusian Telegraph Agency reports.
- TBC Bank named best bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals