The World Bank announced the results on Wednesday of its regulatory reforms that were designed to provide a better investment climate in Kazakhstan.
Kazakhstan's government requested World Bank support in 2011 on reforming its national permits system. They developed a new system based on international practices, leading to the government approval of the Concept of State Regulation of Entrepreneurial Activity 2020 in June.
The concept sets firm foundations for building a modern regulatory system in Kazakhstan, offering a clear and transparent legislative and administrative framework for businesses and regulators. The system provides a clear separation between the regulated and non-regulated areas of business activities and a concrete methodology for the development of appropriate permit instruments.
More than 750 permit documents were reviewed based on a new risk and activity type categorization in 2012-13. The application of new principles may result in a 43 percent decrease in the compliance burden for businesses, according to a standard cost model-based analysis.
The World Bank also reviewed the draft Law on Permits and Notifications in December. It will be submitted to Kazakhstan's Parliament for approval later this month.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar