President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov visited the site of the new Olympic Village on Monday to discuss the development of the country's sports infrastructure.
The Polimeks Turkish Company is building the facility, which includes a multifunctional sports gym, sports fields, a luxury hotel and press center for journalists, a restaurant capable of seating 1,000 diners, and seats for for 5,000 fans.
During his visit, Berdimuhamedov met with Jean Levy, the French ambassador for sports, who was in Turkmenistan for an international exhibition called "Ashgabat - the Capital of the 2017 Asian Games."
Levy and Berdimuhamedov discussed the prospects for cooperation in the development of basketball, football, cycle racing, tennis, rugby and other popular sports. They also talked about issues such as sports medicine and cooperation in the sphere of doping control.
Berdimuhamedov also attended the opening ceremony of the ice and hockey complex at the Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Turkmenistan, where the president signed a resolution on the establishment of the Galkan Winter Sports Centre.
He also met with Oleg Tabanuhov, the Belarusian ambassador to Turkmenistan. They exchanged views on the prospects for cooperation in economic and humanitarian efforts as well as in the sphere of sports.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar