Alfa-Bank announced on Thursday that its long term credit rating was affirmed by Standard & Poor's at BB+ with a stable outlook.
The bank received a stable rating on Tuesday despite Russia's sovereign rating being revised to negative.
Alfa-Bank's systemic importance level was also raised by S&P to high.
S&P increased Alfa-Bank's probability of needing government support as well, citing increased market shares, a vast client base and the bank's critical role in the Russian payment system.
Alfa-Bank said that it offers a high level of liquidity, capitalization and asset quality. The bank's BB+ rating puts it among Russia's most sustainable banks.
Alfa-Bank is Russia's largest private bank in terms of total assets, customer accounts, total equity and loan portfolio.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar