The Central Bank of Azerbaijan recently published a balance of payments showing that the country exported approximately $30.7 billion worth of oil and oil products in 2013.
The number was a 5.6 percent drop compared to Azerbaijan's oil exports in 2012. Oil and gas products accounted for 94.9 percent of all exports, totaling approximately $32.4 billion. The value of Azerbaijan's 2012 exports was $31.8 billion, AzerNews reports.
Approximately $1.6 billion of the total volume of exported oil products was oil processing products, while approximately $26.9 billion was oil.
Azerbaijan International Operating Company produced approximately $25.3 billion worth of the exported oil. The condensate from the Shah Deniz field accounted for approximately $303 million worth of oil. Azerbaijan's state oil company SOCAR produced approximately $1.34 million worth of oil.
The total volume of foreign direct investments in Azerbaijan's economy amounted to $6.3 billion in 2013, 82.4 percent of which was in the oil and gas sector. The investments were used to finance work in Azerbaijan, most of which was carried out under Shah Deniz and AIOC oil and gas projects, Trend reports.
The volume of direct investments in Azerbaijan's non-oil sector was approximately $1.108 billion or 17.6 percent of the total volume of direct investments.
- TBC Bank named best bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals