Stepan Kubiv, the governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, met on Tuesday with Zenon Potichny, the president of the Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce, and Eugene Czolij, the president of the Ukrainian World Congress.
The participants of the meeting discussed ways to strengthen economic and business ties between Ukraine and Canada, including improving relations between the National Bank of Ukraine and the Bank of Canada and expanding investment cooperation.
Kubiv said that attempts by the international community to support Ukraine's efforts to build a democratic society and a market economy are of great importance to Ukraine, particularly during the current economic and political climate.
Potichny and Czolij congratulated Kubiv on his appointment as governor of the National Bank and wished him success in implementing comprehensive reforms in the banking sector. They also expressed hope for Ukraine's further integration into the international community.
Kubiv thanked his Canadian partners for their efforts to bolster political and economic ties between the two countries.
The Canada-Ukraine Chamber of Commerce is an organization dedicated to facilitating business, trade and investment relations between Canada and Ukraine.
The Ukrainian World Congress is an international coordination assembly of Ukrainian public organizations. The assembly represents the interests of over 20 million Ukrainians, with member organizations in 33 countries and ties to Ukrainians in 14 additional countries.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar