The Azerbaijani State Statistics Committee announced on Thursday that the United Kingdom was the top foreign investor in Azerbaijan's economy in January and February with a total volume of 55.5 percent.
Great Britain's share in the total volume of foreign investments in Azerbaijan reached approximately $415.4 million in January and February. Ninety-one percent of the investments made by foreign countries and international organizations came from Great Britain, the U.S., Japan, Norway, Turkey and the Czech Republic, Trend.az reports.
The total volume of foreign investment in Azerbaijan's economy in January and February amounted to $750 million, which was similar to the volume of foreign investment in the same period last year.
The U.S. held second place on the list, accounting for 12.7 percent of foreign investments in the Azerbaijani economy. Japan was in third with 10.1 percent and Norway was in fifth with 5 percent. Turkey and the Czech Republic each accounted for 3.9 percent of the foreign investments in Azerbaijan's economy, according to Trend.az.
The World Bank invested $31.8 million, representing a share of 4.3 percent among the international financial institutions.
The Asian Development Bank allocated $20.28 million to implement projects in Azerbaijan in January and February, representing 2.7 percent of all foreign investments, Trend.az reports.
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank
- AtaBank branches offer extended hours for Baku Shopping Festival