Ukraine's acting President Oleksandr Turchynov has officially introduced Stepan Kubiv, the new governor of the National Bank of Ukraine, to the NBU staff.
"The banking system is the backbone of the economy. The restoration of confidence in the Ukrainian banking sector and the hryvnia is the basis for the further economic recovery and development of our country. The National Bank of Ukraine is the core of the country's banking system. It is the key regulator and issuing center. How fast we will be able to emerge from the crisis and fully stabilize the domestic situation depends primarily on the well-designed policy pursued by the National Bank of Ukraine," Turchynov said. "Stabilization of the hryvnia exchange rate is undoubtedly a key issue that raises public concern. It is also the National Bank of Ukraine's priority area, being part of its broader efforts to achieve economic stability in the country. The new team is faced with strategic, ambitious tasks, the implementation whereof being crucial for the present and future of our country."
Kubiv was appointed by the Ukrainian parliament on Feb. 24 after it relieved Ihor Sorkin of his duties as governor.
"I would like to say that we have held meetings with foreign creditors, representatives from their treasuries to discuss the systems of governance, risks, and capitalization, as well as confidence in the country's banking system," Kubiv said.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank