The National Bank of Ukraine put the commemorative Yevhen Berezniak coin into circulation on Feb. 25.
The coin is worth two hryvnia and is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Yevhen Berezniak, hero of Ukraine and veteran of the Great Patriotic War. Berezniak was an intelligence officer and a liberator of the city of Cracow from fascist invaders.
According to Tamara Loshmanova, the head of the numismatic production and marketing department of the National Bank of Ukraine, the coin is part of the "Outstanding Personalities of the Ukraine" series.
"By issuing the commemorative coin in honor of Yevhen Berezniak, the National Bank of Ukraine commemorates the heroic deed performed by Yevhen Berezniak when he was on a special mission in the enemy's rear during the Great Patriotic War," Loshmanova said.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank