The National Bank of Ukraine put the commemorative Yevhen Berezniak coin into circulation on Feb. 25.
The coin is worth two hryvnia and is dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the birth of Yevhen Berezniak, hero of Ukraine and veteran of the Great Patriotic War. Berezniak was an intelligence officer and a liberator of the city of Cracow from fascist invaders.
According to Tamara Loshmanova, the head of the numismatic production and marketing department of the National Bank of Ukraine, the coin is part of the "Outstanding Personalities of the Ukraine" series.
"By issuing the commemorative coin in honor of Yevhen Berezniak, the National Bank of Ukraine commemorates the heroic deed performed by Yevhen Berezniak when he was on a special mission in the enemy's rear during the Great Patriotic War," Loshmanova said.
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association