UniCredit Group, an Italian global banking and financial services company, recently created the position of chief information officer to govern the group's IT strategies and operations, naming Massimo Milanta as the first CIO.
The new area will focus on innovation and define the technological approach of the financial services business, managing risk assessment and complying with all the requirements of both national and European regulators.
Special attention will be given to the optimization of IT security systems and the improvement of end-to-end processes of banking services.
Building on his experience gained over the years, Milanta will hold this position with the aim of optimizing the use of technological resources in support of implementing corporate strategies.
Since 2012, Milanta has held the position of managing director and CIO at UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions, UniCredit's global service company, created from the integration and consolidation of 16 group companies.
UniCredit Group has approximately 40 million customers and operates in 20 countries. The group benefits from a strong European identity, extensive international presence and a broad customer base. Its strategic position in Western and Eastern Europe gives the group one of the region's highest market shares.
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association