UniCredit Group, an Italian global banking and financial services company, recently created the position of chief information officer to govern the group's IT strategies and operations, naming Massimo Milanta as the first CIO.
The new area will focus on innovation and define the technological approach of the financial services business, managing risk assessment and complying with all the requirements of both national and European regulators.
Special attention will be given to the optimization of IT security systems and the improvement of end-to-end processes of banking services.
Building on his experience gained over the years, Milanta will hold this position with the aim of optimizing the use of technological resources in support of implementing corporate strategies.
Since 2012, Milanta has held the position of managing director and CIO at UniCredit Business Integrated Solutions, UniCredit's global service company, created from the integration and consolidation of 16 group companies.
UniCredit Group has approximately 40 million customers and operates in 20 countries. The group benefits from a strong European identity, extensive international presence and a broad customer base. Its strategic position in Western and Eastern Europe gives the group one of the region's highest market shares.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank