Strong relations between the banking system and small businesses and entrepreneurs is critical to Uzbekistan's economic growth, the Central Bank of Uzbekistan recently announced.
Commercial banks in Uzbekistan financed 12,338 projects in 2013 targeting consumer goods, commodities, agriculture and the development of industrial power.
Banks have also taken an active role in helping young graduate start their own businesses.
"The regional branches of the commercial banks pay enough attention to job placement of the graduators of the specialized professional and secondary colleges, creation of favorable circumstances to start their entrepreneurial activity, financial support which is one of the actual tasks of present time," the bank said.
The bank has also placed an emphasis on empowering women.
"We know that rendered financial and technical support to businesswomen in different sphere and branches of the economy were up," the bank said. "That becomes the important factor in improvement of wellbeing of a number of families. The most general is that due to entrepreneurship the family budget becomes stronger and it was created the ground for future of the children."
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank