Strong relations between the banking system and small businesses and entrepreneurs is critical to Uzbekistan's economic growth, the Central Bank of Uzbekistan recently announced.
Commercial banks in Uzbekistan financed 12,338 projects in 2013 targeting consumer goods, commodities, agriculture and the development of industrial power.
Banks have also taken an active role in helping young graduate start their own businesses.
"The regional branches of the commercial banks pay enough attention to job placement of the graduators of the specialized professional and secondary colleges, creation of favorable circumstances to start their entrepreneurial activity, financial support which is one of the actual tasks of present time," the bank said.
The bank has also placed an emphasis on empowering women.
"We know that rendered financial and technical support to businesswomen in different sphere and branches of the economy were up," the bank said. "That becomes the important factor in improvement of wellbeing of a number of families. The most general is that due to entrepreneurship the family budget becomes stronger and it was created the ground for future of the children."
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal