The Central Bank of Uzbekistan held a press conference on Monday on the participation of the banking system to ensure the implementation of the state's "Year of prosperity and well-being program."
Under President Islam Karimov's program, commercial banks have actively participated in the implementation of tasks aimed at the development of small business and entrepreneurship, farming, employment, welfare and income growth, as well as an improvement in living standards and social conditions.
Lending to businesses was up more than 32.8 percent in 2013, while financial support for young families was 10 percent higher this year.
Commercial banks have also become more active in the creation and expansion of local infrastructure and social programs, according to the central bank.
"We can confidently say that the active financing of business projects of small and private businesses by commercial banks will contribute to the implementation of the priority tasks of providing for the family and strengthening the country as a whole, namely, increasing employment, creating jobs and prosperity for the population," the bank said.
- European Investment Bank grants loan to biopharmaceutical company Biofrontera
- Ardshinbank board chairman awarded medal for services to Artsakh Republic
- Banks in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe see improved outlook, according to new reports
- European Investment Bank loans $136 million for Nicaraguan bus line, road improvement
- EBRD teams up with Jordan Ahli Bank to support small businesses
- Ardshinbank named Armenia's most active issuing bank
- Bashneft files claim against Sistema
- Belarus receives third tranche from EFSD
- Russian retailer Ulmart to accept bitcoin for some purchases in September
- TBC Bank, Bank Republic merger nears completion