The Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan held a press conference on Wednesday on the "Status and prospects of bank credit and leasing services for farmers."
The government sees the development of farms as a major part of Uzbekistan's development and will build on the experiences of developed countries, the bank said.
In particular, commercial banks are simplifying the paperwork required to extend credit, especially long term loans, to customers. They are also establishing reception areas to provide customers with information and expert advice. Additionally, mini-banks will be set up in rural areas to facilitate farmers living far from any city.
Banks are also issuing loans for things such as livestock development, fisheries, fruit and vegetable processing, beekeeping, and greenhouse construction.
In addition, banks are offering new leasing services through which they will buy land and lease it to farmers for a certain fee and period of time.
The press conference was also attended by representatives of the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Management, the Board of Farmers of Uzbekistan, and leasing companies.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar