The National Bank of Tajikistan said that the U.S. dollar exchange rate decreased slightly over the past week, falling to an average of 4.9170-4.9350 Tajikistani somoni.
The average rate of U.S. dollar in the exchange bureaus of Dushanbe decreased again and reached 4.9120-4.9320 TJS, in Khuhand it reached TJS 4.9100-4.9300 and in Khujand and Kurgan-Tube it reached TJS 4.9200-4.9300.
The average rates on operations with the Russian ruble were unchanged at TJS 0.1480-0.1490, while the euro rose slightly to TJS 6.6305-6.6534.
With foreign revenue largely dependent upon exports of cotton and aluminum, the economy is highly vulnerable to external shocks.
The 2008 global financial crisis has hit Tajikistan harder than many countries because it already had a high poverty rate and because many of its citizens depend on remittances from expatriate Tajikistanis.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar