Rating agency Moody's Investors Service has downgraded Ukraine's Finance and Credit bank following the decline of the country's sovereign rating.
Moody's changed Finance and Credit's rating after it asked its creditors to refinance debt in the amount of $95 million.
The credit rating of its deposits in national currency was changed from Caa1 to Caa2, and the rating on unsecured debt in foreign currency was altered from Caa1 to Ca, as well as on a national scale with Ba3.ua - to B3.ua. The BFSR is unchanged at E.
"Due to the dynamic economic and political events in Ukraine, which are not always positive, and we are sympathetic to a conservative estimate by the international rating agencies of the country as a whole, and its financial institutions," Chairman of Finance and Credit Vladimir Hluvnyk said. "Of course, we hope the situation will stabilize in the coming months, which will allow our partners to revise the current rating on the international scale upward."
Finance and Credit was founded in 1990 and is among the largest banks in Russia by total assets, according to NBU classification. It has 13 branches and 314 outlets in Ukraine. The bank provides a full range of banking services to both individuals and legal entities.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar