Sberbank, the biggest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe, co-sponsored an investment conference, "AccEssMeeting UAE-Russia 2013", with the Abu Dhabi Investment Company on Dec. 3-5.
The purpose of the conference was the expansion of bilateral trade and economic cooperation between Russia and the UAE. Particular attention was paid to the establishment of international business contacts in attracting foreign investment for projects at the regional and municipal levels as well as business dialogue and familiarity with the capabilities of private and sovereign wealth funds and financial and banking institutions.
During the "Sberbank in the UAE: strategic plans and strategic partners" session, the head of financial institutions at Sberbank Alexander Dementyev made a presentation on the bank and its strategy in the Middle East,
Other speakers were from Invest AD, Emirates NBD Bank and the National Bank of Abu Dhabi, the UAE's sovereign wealth fund.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar