A series of complex tests of the ERA-GLONASS emergency response system were recently conducted by the Russian Ministry of Transport and NP Glonass.
The tests were held on complex ERA-GLONASS systems in Ryazan, Astrakhan, Smolensk and Ufa, according to Alexei Semenov, the director of development programs for the Department of Transport of Russia.
The goal of the tests were to show the willingness of the beginning of operation. Earlier tests were held in Nizhny Novgorod, Kaliningrad, Yekaterinburg, Irkutsk, Stavropol, Arkhangelsk and Tyumen.
The tests were conducted over the course of an approved schedule and included functional tests and interaction of all elements of the ERA-GLONASS. This involved regional switching nodes, primary and backup channels of communication, and regional and federal navigation and information centers.
The purpose of the state system of emergency response for ERA-GLONASS is to reduce the delivery time of information regarding accidents to emergency services. This will help keep drivers and passengers safest and healthiest in case of an incident on the road.
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank
- AtaBank branches offer extended hours for Baku Shopping Festival