International rating agency Moody's Investors Service recently announced the recall of PrivatBank's Ba3.ua rating in Ukraine.
On Sept. 25, Moody's announced a downward revision of the ratings of the 13 largest Ukrainian banks in connection with the downgrade on September 23 of Ukrainian government bonds from B3 to Caa1.
Moody's said the ratings reviews were related to the sovereign rating and were not linked directly to an analysis of the banks' performance.
According to the rating agency's methodology, the rating of Ukrainian issuers cannot be higher than that of the country.
PrivatBank has an investment grade rating of A-(ukr) from international ratings agency Fitch.
Founded in 1992, PrivatBank is the largest commercial bank in Ukraine in terms of the number of clients, assets, loan portfolio and taxes paid to the national budget.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank