The UNDP recently held a national conference entitled "Integration of healthy life style programs for adolescents and youth in the educational system" in the Kyrgyzstan capital of Bishkek.
The main goal of the conference was to create a discussion platform for the adoption of healthy lifestyles in the educational system of the country.
Members of Parliament and representatives of the government apparatus, as well as departments and agencies, academia, civil society and international organizations, discussed health education programs that cover pre-school institutions, secondary educational institutions and universities.
They shared their experiences on ways to promote a healthy lifestyle among children and young people. A key element of this task was deemed to be the greater use of educational programs on healthy lifestyles.
The conference was organized by the UNDP "Support to the government to respond to HIV in Kyrgyz Republic" project, with financial support from an HIV grant of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
The UNDP is on the ground in 177 countries and territories, which offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal