The UNDP recently held a national conference entitled "Integration of healthy life style programs for adolescents and youth in the educational system" in the Kyrgyzstan capital of Bishkek.
The main goal of the conference was to create a discussion platform for the adoption of healthy lifestyles in the educational system of the country.
Members of Parliament and representatives of the government apparatus, as well as departments and agencies, academia, civil society and international organizations, discussed health education programs that cover pre-school institutions, secondary educational institutions and universities.
They shared their experiences on ways to promote a healthy lifestyle among children and young people. A key element of this task was deemed to be the greater use of educational programs on healthy lifestyles.
The conference was organized by the UNDP "Support to the government to respond to HIV in Kyrgyz Republic" project, with financial support from an HIV grant of the Global Fund to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
The UNDP is on the ground in 177 countries and territories, which offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank
- AtaBank branches offer extended hours for Baku Shopping Festival