UMMC's Svjatogor chemical laboratory has successfully extended the scope of accreditation while reaffirming its expertise on interstate standard GOST R ISO/IEC 17025-2009 for "general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories."
The results come after an audit from the Rosakkreditatsiya federal service.
Natalia Yakimenko, the head of the chemical laboratory, said that expanding the accreditation scope will help introduce 29 new measurement techniques for the metrological department. This will add eight new types of incoming raw materials and finished products, which will be create up to 10 different elements.
The ranges for certain samples will also be extended, which will increase the accuracy of results. The Svjatogor laboratory currently has 150 measurement techniques and in-plant instructions.
The accreditation procedure lasted six months, during which an expert committee held metrological examination of normative documents, assessed the material and technical basis, the level of preparedness of staff and confirmed the ability of the laboratory to ensure high quality of the research in accordance with the stated scope of accreditation.
Svjatogor's system of analytical laboratories was accredited in 2009 and is set for recalibration in 2014. It is required to provide a high level of qualification of specialists and well-equipped research and precision measuring equipment.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar