Tashkent recently hosted the VI session of the Uzbek-Polish Intergovernmental Commission on Economic Cooperation.
Poland's business delegation was headed by the Deputy Minister of Economy Andrzej Dycha.
In his opening speech at the event, Uzbekistan Deputy Minister of Foreign Economic Relations, Investments and Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan Akmal Kamalov emphasized the mutual interest of the two parties in the further development of cooperation.
A growing number of Polish firms and companies are showing interest in Uzbekistan. At the end of 2012, bilateral trade grew by 35.9 percent to $148.3 million, while in Jan.-Sept. the trade turnover amounted to $127.6 million.
Polish companies are eager to participate in investment and other projects in key sectors, including renewable energy, exploration and production of minerals, modernization and technical re-equipment of enterprises, agriculture and food production, and chemical and light industry.
During the session, the sides discussed the state and prospects of bilateral cooperation in trade, finance, technology and investment as well as in agriculture, tourism and other areas.
At the end of the VI session, the parties signed a final document containing a list of agreements as well as a plan of joint activities to be implemented by both sides before the next meeting, which will be held in Warsaw.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar