Sberbank, the biggest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe, recently took part in MAPIC 2013, the largest international retail property market, in Cannes, France, from Nov. 13-15.
Bank officials participated in several events, including a presentation of the key commercial real estate projects in Russia and a panel discussion on shopping mall developments.
"The exhibition at MAPIC, which is attended by key players in retail real estate markets around the world, is an important event in the industry," Dmitry Kanushkin, the managing director of Sberbank, said. "This area of real estate in Russia has attracted more and more attention. Investment in this sector is steadily growing. We traditionally take part in the exhibition, seek to share their expertise, and establish new and strengthen existing relationships with customers."
During the event, Sberbank also announced that it had extended a $203 million line of credit for the international Renaissance Group.
MAPIC attracts more than 8,000 participants from 70 countries.
- Amirbekyan of Anelik Bank wins TFP Trade Expert award
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association