Piraeus Bank sponsored the recent international conference on "Financing Innovation" at Kyiv National Economic University.
The event was attended by approximately 150 analysts, researchers and students of the leading economic universities of Ukraine and the Russian Federation.
"In our time, knowledge is becoming more and more accessible and widespread among more people, especially due to the rapid development of innovative technologies and the internet as a means of technical communication. On the internet, anyone can view or even visit university classes, developed on different platforms from leading educational institutions in the world, who at that very moment can visit the tens of thousands of people. We can take tests and participate in competitions, winning awards in certain courses among the many thousands of people around the world, regardless of where we live and work," Chairman of the Supervisory Board of JSC Piraeus Bank ICB Yannis Kyriakopoulos said in the conference's opening speech.
Kyriakopoulos also discussed how the role of universities is changing around the world and are becoming more involved in advising governments and planning for professions and occupations. Kyriakopoulos said that each university should be competitive in improving knowledge and creating and enabling an environment for learning and maintaining relationships with research centers, consulting companies and practical training.
Participants at the conference discussed issues such as cash transactions and their impact on the resource potential of banks, as well as foreign investment in Ukraine's banking system. They also discussed the strategy of investment policy in Ukraine and how to increase mortgage lending.
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank
- AtaBank branches offer extended hours for Baku Shopping Festival