Raiffeisenbank recently teamed with MasterCard for its new "MasterCard PayPass: $91.76 per one-touch" program.
Debit and credit card customers will be eligible to receive a $91.76 gift when making purchases with one-touch technology on their mobile phones. The campaign runs through the end of the year.
PayPass technology allows customers to quickly and easily pay for transactions in shops, restaurants and gas stations. Alexey Kaputsin, the head of retail products and the development of client relationships at Raiffeisenbank, said that the bank has seen an almost four-fold increase in the number of transactions using PayPass technology. According to Kaputsin, this is part of the reason the bank chose to partner with MasterCard in this promotion.
Anton Shigapov, the senior business development manager at MasterCard in Russia, added that the MasterCard PayPass acceptance network has been actively spreading through the country. In Moscow, people are using the technology to make purchases in shops, dry cleaners, pharmacies, movie theaters, fast food restaurants, coffee shops, railway stations, parking meters and more.
Shigapov also said that the technology allows for international payments as the same card can be used in 56 countries and on 1.2 million trading platforms.
Raiffeisenbank is a subsidiary of Raiffeisen Bank International and ranks 12th in terms of assets. It ranks fifth in Russia in terms of private individuals and 10th in terms of loans to individuals.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar