The Central Bank of Russia recently reported that it will circulate special banknotes to celebrate the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Organizers for the Sochi Olympics announced on Wednesday that 20 million 100 ruble banknotes, featuring a vertical design of a snowboarder and several Olympics venues, will be printed, Forbes reports.
The blue banknote's "vertical composition, which is a response to modern tendencies in banknote design, has made it possible to portray the uniqueness of the natural region, where snow mountains meet the warm sea," the Olympic organizing committee said in a statement, according to R-Sport.
Organizers also unveiled the design of a 25 ruble commemorative coin for the Olympic torch relay that depicts the route of the relay around Russia with a torch superimposed.
The Olympic torch will be sent to the International Space Station on board a Russian spacecraft this week and astronauts will then carry it outside the station.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal