The Central Bank of Russia recently reported that it will circulate special banknotes to celebrate the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Organizers for the Sochi Olympics announced on Wednesday that 20 million 100 ruble banknotes, featuring a vertical design of a snowboarder and several Olympics venues, will be printed, Forbes reports.
The blue banknote's "vertical composition, which is a response to modern tendencies in banknote design, has made it possible to portray the uniqueness of the natural region, where snow mountains meet the warm sea," the Olympic organizing committee said in a statement, according to R-Sport.
Organizers also unveiled the design of a 25 ruble commemorative coin for the Olympic torch relay that depicts the route of the relay around Russia with a torch superimposed.
The Olympic torch will be sent to the International Space Station on board a Russian spacecraft this week and astronauts will then carry it outside the station.
- Baltic International Bank launches investment packages
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank