The Central Bank of Russia recently reported that it will circulate special banknotes to celebrate the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
Organizers for the Sochi Olympics announced on Wednesday that 20 million 100 ruble banknotes, featuring a vertical design of a snowboarder and several Olympics venues, will be printed, Forbes reports.
The blue banknote's "vertical composition, which is a response to modern tendencies in banknote design, has made it possible to portray the uniqueness of the natural region, where snow mountains meet the warm sea," the Olympic organizing committee said in a statement, according to R-Sport.
Organizers also unveiled the design of a 25 ruble commemorative coin for the Olympic torch relay that depicts the route of the relay around Russia with a torch superimposed.
The Olympic torch will be sent to the International Space Station on board a Russian spacecraft this week and astronauts will then carry it outside the station.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar