Representatives from the National Bank of Tajikistan and Commerzbank AG of Germany held a meeting on Nov. 4 to discuss the development of bilateral and mutually beneficial cooperation.
During the meeting, the two sides expressed satisfaction with cooperation to date and expressed their desire to further strengthen and expand bilateral ties.
Commerzbank AG, founded in 1870, is a global banking and financial services company with its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. It is the second largest German bank after Deutsche Bank.
Commerzbank is mainly active in commercial banking, retail banking and mortgaging. It suffered setbacks after a problematic foray into investment banking in the early 2000s and eventually closed down its Commerzbank Securities investment banking unit.
The remaining investment banking activities are in fixed income, commodities, FX and Funds of Hedge Funds. Investment banking, capital market, equities and corporate banking operations are now integrated as a division of the Commerzbank group.
- European Investment Bank grants loan to biopharmaceutical company Biofrontera
- Ardshinbank board chairman awarded medal for services to Artsakh Republic
- Banks in Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe see improved outlook, according to new reports
- European Investment Bank loans $136 million for Nicaraguan bus line, road improvement
- EBRD teams up with Jordan Ahli Bank to support small businesses
- Ardshinbank named Armenia's most active issuing bank
- Bashneft files claim against Sistema
- Belarus receives third tranche from EFSD
- Russian retailer Ulmart to accept bitcoin for some purchases in September
- TBC Bank, Bank Republic merger nears completion