Representatives from the National Bank of Tajikistan and Commerzbank AG of Germany held a meeting on Nov. 4 to discuss the development of bilateral and mutually beneficial cooperation.
During the meeting, the two sides expressed satisfaction with cooperation to date and expressed their desire to further strengthen and expand bilateral ties.
Commerzbank AG, founded in 1870, is a global banking and financial services company with its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. It is the second largest German bank after Deutsche Bank.
Commerzbank is mainly active in commercial banking, retail banking and mortgaging. It suffered setbacks after a problematic foray into investment banking in the early 2000s and eventually closed down its Commerzbank Securities investment banking unit.
The remaining investment banking activities are in fixed income, commodities, FX and Funds of Hedge Funds. Investment banking, capital market, equities and corporate banking operations are now integrated as a division of the Commerzbank group.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal