The International Bank of Azerbaijan, the state-controlled bank operating in the Republic of Azerbaijan, recently opened a new regional office for the processing of AzeriCards and the issuance of Qibla debit cards.
The regional center will significantly reduce the time it takes to issue cards and send them to customers and partner banks.
The IBA rolled out the new Qibla cards for customers of its Islamic banking services earlier this year. The card contains a special e-compass that allows users to determine the direction of the Qibla, the Kaaba in Mecca.
Funds allocated within the Islamic Banking Department are placed in a so-called "sub-treasury" and are not mixed with other accounts.
The IBA plans to open several more card centers in various regions of the country in an effort to further improve its bank cards and card services.
Headquartered in Baku, the bank currently consists of 36 branches and 95 service outlets in more than 40 cities.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar