Sberbank of Russia and IBM have signed a memorandum of strategic cooperation that provides for the direct supply of equipment and software to the bank and explores ways to modernize its IT infrastructure.
"Sberbank and IBM have developed a mutually beneficial relationship format for long term cooperation. The transition to direct contracts with suppliers of equipment and software is one of the key tools of our policy in the field of vendor management," Deputy Chairman of Sberbank Lev Khasis said. "Michael Ehrenburg, a senior managing director for finance and IT has recently joined our team. Because of this, we expect to significantly optimize IT costs while improving the quality of our IT functions and client services."
In accordance with the agreement, IBM intends to authorize Sberbank Service, a subsidiary of Sberbank, to carry IBM products directly through IBM's logistical partners.
Specialists from both companies will also work to modernize the bank's Sberbank's IT infrastructure.
"To strengthen the position of IBM in the region of Central and Eastern Europe, we made a strategic decision to develop the format of our relationships and the transition to long-term partnerships with key customers," Kirill Kornilov, the general manager of IBM East Europe/Asia, said. "Savings Bank, one of our largest customers in the IT sector in recent years has successfully developed its international presence. That is why we are pleased that the bank now has the status of a global partner and is the first to be able to appreciate the benefits of our approach."
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal