Sberbank of Russia and IBM have signed a memorandum of strategic cooperation that provides for the direct supply of equipment and software to the bank and explores ways to modernize its IT infrastructure.
"Sberbank and IBM have developed a mutually beneficial relationship format for long term cooperation. The transition to direct contracts with suppliers of equipment and software is one of the key tools of our policy in the field of vendor management," Deputy Chairman of Sberbank Lev Khasis said. "Michael Ehrenburg, a senior managing director for finance and IT has recently joined our team. Because of this, we expect to significantly optimize IT costs while improving the quality of our IT functions and client services."
In accordance with the agreement, IBM intends to authorize Sberbank Service, a subsidiary of Sberbank, to carry IBM products directly through IBM's logistical partners.
Specialists from both companies will also work to modernize the bank's Sberbank's IT infrastructure.
"To strengthen the position of IBM in the region of Central and Eastern Europe, we made a strategic decision to develop the format of our relationships and the transition to long-term partnerships with key customers," Kirill Kornilov, the general manager of IBM East Europe/Asia, said. "Savings Bank, one of our largest customers in the IT sector in recent years has successfully developed its international presence. That is why we are pleased that the bank now has the status of a global partner and is the first to be able to appreciate the benefits of our approach."
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar