The Honorary Consulate of Austria in Yekaterinburg recently hosted a reception for representatives of the Russian Foreign Ministry, local leaders, and foreign diplomatic missions and businesses in honor of Austria's National Day.
"We want our countrymen to understand this country, its traditions, culture and the mentality of its inhabitants," Honorary Consul Andrei Kozitsyn, the director general of the Urals Mining and Metallurgical Company, said.
"Despite the fact that we are separated by thousands of miles, through the work of the Honorary Consulate the distance has been steadily declining," Russian Foreign Ministry Spokesman in Yekaterinburg Alexander Harlov said.
The Consulate has for the past seven years organized activities such as its annual Vienna Music and Film Festival.
Austria's National Day has been celebrated since 1955, when the government approved the federal constitution declaring the country's permanent neutrality and forbidding it to join any military alliances.
- UniCredit sells non-performing mortgage loans
- European Investment Bank lends millions to AccessBank to finance small businesses
- First Ukrainian International Bank among most transparent financial institutions in region, study says
- VTB Bank named best trade-finance bank in Russia by magazine
- AtaBank, Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic host financial literacy event
- Richard de Keijzer named managing director for ABN AMRO Commercial Finance in the UK
- Galt & Taggart named Best Investment Bank in Georgia by Global Finance magazine
- Armeconombank customers can repay loans via Idram, EasyPay terminals
- Kapital Bank joins American Bankers Association
- CEO of ACBA-Credit Agricole Bank receives Tigran Mets medal