The National Bank of Kazakhstan has issued a commemorative silver coin in honor of the World Championship Boxing held in Almaty Oct. 14-26.
The face of the "World Championship Boxing Almaty 2013" coin features a relief of the emblem of the Republic of Kazakhstan, while the back side has an image of two boxers in a ring.
The coin, worth $0.65, marks the first time the boxing championship was held in Kazakhstan.
The national team from took first place in the overall standings. Gold medals went to Birzhan Jakypov, Merey Akshalov, Daniar Yeleusivon and Janibek Alimhanuly, while Adilbek Niyazymbetov and Ivan Dychko took home silver medals. Bronze medals were awarded to Kairat Yeralievo and Berik Abdrakhmanov.
The event broke the International Boxing Association's record for the number of countries participating in the competition, with 457 athletes from 111 countries taking part.
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank
- AtaBank branches offer extended hours for Baku Shopping Festival