Sberbank, the largest bank in Russia and Eastern Europe, will take park in the upcoming "Silicon Valley Meets Russia" conference dedicated to attracting venture capital financing to the country, the bank announced on Monday.
The event will be attended by leading Russian and overseas businessmen, representatives of major international corporations, venture capitalists, development institutions and investors.
The conference will feature a competition among businesses presenting their plans for new projects to the businesses and investors taking part in the conference.
In June 2012, as a result of that year's conference, Sberbank and the SVB Financial Group, the parent company of Silicon Valley Bank, signed a memorandum of understanding establishing a partnership for future venture financing in Russia.
In the framework of that agreement, Sberbank will provide specialized high-tech banking services to overseas companies and contribute to innovative development in Russia.
- Bank St. Petersburg hosts event for 10-year anniversary of its IPO
- European Investment Bank, ABN Amro sign agreement to support green shipping options
- AccessBank names new chairman of management board
- European Union environmental leaders aim to cut food waste in half by 2030
- ARMBUSINESSBANK hosts high-school students for lessons about banking
- Decreased inflation will lead to economic recovery, EDB report says
- Rosbank named global outperformer, market outperformer in finance magazine
- National Bank of Ukraine cuts key policy rate in effort to boost the economy
- Photo exhibition of flowers on display at UKRSIBBANK BNP bank
- AtaBank branches offer extended hours for Baku Shopping Festival