The National Bank of Ukraine has issued new commemorative coins in honor of two prominent figures in Ukrainian history and culture.
"The National Bank of Ukraine continues to replenish its series of commemorative coins, and produces two new coins to commemorate the anniversaries of famous Ukrainian writer Olga Kobylyanska and military leader Nestor Makhno," Tamara Loshimanova, the head of numismatic products and markets, said. "These are people of the same era, but come from different social environments that each enrich the story with their talent."
The coin in commemoration of Kobylyanska is designed to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the writer's birth.
"The writer raised the question of women's rights, including their right to education, and actively advocated social equality of men and women. Her work brings aesthetic pleasure and knowledge of the female character," Loshimanova said.
The coin in commemoration of Makhno marks the 125th anniversary of the birth of the leader who oversaw a peasant insurgency in southern Ukraine.
- National Bank of Ukraine removes restrictions on foreign-currency transactions, investment metals
- Black Sea Trade & Development Bank visits Azerbaijan to boost business relationships
- VTB Bank finances three new planes for SunExpress airline
- National Bank of Ukraine makes it easier for businesses to invest abroad
- National Bank of Ukraine eases lending regulations for deposit guarantee funds to other banks
- Black Sea Trade and Development Bank, Russian Federal Corp. for SMEs support business growth
- Oleg Demidov named commercial director for Rosbank Factoring
- Eurasian Development Bank sells bonds on Kazakhstan Stock Exchange
- EY World Entrepreneur of the Year event to name world's top entrepreneur
- ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE, Microsoft parter for Armenian digital business technology seminar